Which RPA Software Are The Most Popular With Users?
- UiPath RPA Platform, JIFFY.ai, and Automation Anywhere are their users’ highest rated RPA software according to SoftwareReview’s Robotic Process Automation (RPOA) data quadrant report.
- RPA software users are also unhappy with the way their vendors over-promise and under-deliver. This category receives the lowest overall rating of 77% and only finds two providers that are above this rating.
- Native AI, Sentiment Analysis, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) are the three areas of technology that RPA vendors are struggling with the most and that have the lowest overall scores on the survey.
These and many other fascinating insights come from SoftwareReview’s latest customer rankings published today in the two reports Data Quadrant Report, Robotic Process Automation, September 2020 and Emotional Footprint Report, Robotic Process Automation, August 2020. Both reports can be downloaded from SoftwareReview’s robotic process automation reports page here.
The Emotional Footprint Report, Robotic Process Automation, August 2020, is based entirely on attitudes data collected from verified owners of each RPA system reviewed. A total of 90 customer reviews were completed, with six providers being rated. SoftwareReviews is a division of the world-class IT research and consulting firm Info-Tech Research Group. Their business model is based on providing research to corporate buyers on subscription, which reduces the need to depend on vendors’ revenues, which helps them remain impartial in their numerous customer satisfaction studies. Further methodological details can be found on page 4 of the study.
Key takeaways from the study include:
- UiPath RPA Platform, JIFFY.ai, and Automation Anywhere users rate their overall feature satisfaction as the best in the industry. SoftwareReview found that these three RPA systems had the highest composite scores and net emotional footprint scores in all of the systems evaluated. All three vendor systems received high ratings from users for business value they created, breadth of functionality, ease of implementation, and product strategy and rate of improvement. The following data quadrant illustrates the results of the survey:
- The UiPath RPA platform is the most highly recommended by a wide margin and has the most valued product features and manufacturer capabilities. The average score for the net emotional footprint is at the higher end of the scale than other software solutions with a total score of 86. The probability of the recommendation, the functions of the provider, the product features and the net emotional footprint scores are combined to calculate the composite score.
- When asked if their RPA systems were helping them save time or not, users gave the category an overall net emotional footprint score of 90%. Automation Anywhere and JIFFY.ai are leaders in saving their users time. Users gave both of them a 100% rating for this attribute. Four of the six providers are above the category average of 90%.