Freelance Assistant Producer Talent Pool – BBC Audio
Monday, August 23, 2021, 11:55 p.m.
BBC Audio has 650 editorial and technical staff who create and deliver more than 100 hours of original audio every day. Our podcasts and radio programs can be heard worldwide. We work with some of the biggest names in music, entertainment and journalism. Our sound engineers bring the biggest festivals and sporting events to life. We work with first-class partners to create social added value. We want to make the world a better and more interesting place. Find out more about us and listen to some of our audio files. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcaudio/about. We produce Podcasts, Radio and music programs, Deliver live events, offer creative services and Forge partnerships. This is just a selection of the 22,500 programs we work on each year. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcaudio/ourwork#creativeservices
We are looking for freelance assistant producers to work on the output BBC Audio takes care of BBC Asian network.
Role & responsibility
We are looking for freelance assistant producers to work with our teams and create content for the BBC Asian network.
If you are obsessed with youth culture – especially music – TV, Social media and of course radio – then we are interested in hearing from you.
BBC Audio are the most important providers of daytime and evening programs on the Asian Network, 1Xtra & Radio 1. Our portfolio includes Asian Network Breakfast with Harpz Kaur, Bobby Friction, and Noreen Khan Show AJD
BBC Asian network is that United Kingdom‘s largest Asian multi-platform radio station. It promotes and celebrates young British Asians with a distinctive blend of music and language. Its programs reflect the lives and interests of 18-34 year old British Asians who play the best music from Bollywood to RnB. United Kingdom Asian rap to Old Skool Bhangra, to name a few! It supports British-Asian and international artists through a comprehensive multi-platform approach. The Asian Network offers the best in new music, events, news and current affairs – everything that is important to its audience right now.
With over a million followers on its social platforms, Asian Network is the leading voice in young British-Asian culture.
The ideal candidate
- An excellent understanding of Asian music genres not only limited to Bollywood and Bhangra, but also insights into regional South Asian music, e.g. Tamil, Bengali, Gujarati. You should also be tuned to the mainstream genres, such as: RnB, drill, grime, hip-hop and rap.
- Great interest and good knowledge of young British-Asian celebrities, social media personalities and emerging music artists.
- You should keep an eye on upcoming events in the British-Asian / South Asian cultural calendar.
- Passion and drive to create outstanding and exciting editorials that celebrate, shape and reflect the lives of young British Asians.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital platforms – especially how digital and social media can be used effectively for programming.
- Creativity. Examples of the opportunity to demonstrate experience in working on different creative content with a focus on youth, popular culture and music.
Please see the link below for more details.
Published on August 16, 2021
To get our latest articles, news, reviews, and jobs, subscribe to our Newsletter.
Add your concert to our offers here.
Information on advertising with the Journal of Music can be found here shortcut.
Please note that some offers are added by third parties. The Journal of Music assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of lists published by third parties on this website. The Journal of Music reserves the right to edit or delete entries. Click here to add an entry, log in, or register.