For Employers (Buyer)
Freelancer is free to sign up, post a project, receive bids from freelancers, review the freelancer’s portfolio and discuss the project requirements. If you choose to award the project, and the freelancer accepts, we charge you a small project fee relative to the value of the selected bid, as an introduction fee.
The cost and how this fee is charged depends on the type of project.
For fixed price projects, a fee of 3% or $3.00 USD (whichever is greater) is levied at the time a project that has been awarded by you has been accepted by each freelancer you award. If you subsequently pay the freelancer more than the original bid amount we will also charge the project fee on any overage payments.
For hourly projects, a fee of 3% is levied on each payment that you make to the freelancer.
You may cancel the project from your dashboard at any time for up to seven (7) days after the project has been accepted for a full refund of your fee.
For Freelancers (Seller)
Freelancer is free to sign up, create a profile, select skills of projects you are interested in, upload a portfolio, receive project notifications, discuss project details with the employer, bid on projects (free members receive initially 8 bids per month) and enter contests.
For fixed price projects, if you are awarded a project, and you accept, we charge you a small project fee relative to the value of the selected bid, as an introduction fee. If you are subsequently paid more than the original bid amount, we will also charge the project fee on any overage payments.
For hourly projects, the fee is levied on each payment as it is made by the employer to you.
The fee for fixed price projects is 10% or $5.00 USD, whichever is greater, and 10% for hourly projects.
Preferred Freelancer Program
If you are in the Preferred Freelancer Program, you will be charged 15% project fee when you are awarded and accept a Recruiter project. This will not be charged upfront, like on regular projects, but rather when you receive the payment.
Refunds as Bonus Credit
In some instances, refund of fees may be done as bonus credit. This bonus may only be used on site, andcan not be withdrawn or transferred. The bonus will expire in 90 days from the date of receipt.
0% Fees Promotion
Freelancer project commissions charged for freelancers who refer new employers that do not have an existing account on Freelancer.com and who join and create a new account, will be reduced from 10% to 0%, for all future projects performed by the referring freelancer for the referred employer.
This is subject to the following conditions:
- New employers must be referred using the specific promotional links on https://www.asiarpa.com/no-commission.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the reduced freelancer project commission of 0% applies only in relation to new work performed by the freelancer who has successfully applied for this promotion for the specific employer to whom the application relates. The new projects must commence after the employer creates a new account on Freelancer.com and be initiated using that new account.
- Project commission fees for the freelancer only are lowered from 10% to 0% under this promotion. All other fees and charges remain unaffected including but not limited to employer commissions and transaction fees.
- This promotion does not apply to contests.
- Freelancer reserves the right to review classifications of employers as new employers for the purpose of this promotion, to ensure fair use of this promotion. Employers must have worked with, and paid, the freelancer applying to use this promotion before the beginning of this promotion, for example from another platform. Freelancers may be required to provide evidence of this prior work and payment before being eligible for the commission reduction. To be eligible for this promotion, employers must not have had any active account on Freelancer.com from which a payment was made within the 6 months immediately prior to creating the new account.
- All other elements of the User Agreement continue to apply – see https://www.asiarpa.com/about/terms.
- All other elements of the Fees and Charges component of the Additional Terms continue to apply – see https://www.asiarpa.com/fees and charges.
- Freelancer may require that both parties fill in and complete their profiles and/or pass identity checks before payments are released.
- Freelancer may require that the details for any project for which the commission reduction applies are appropriately complete.
- This promotion may be withdrawn for a specific user, if significant reversals, fraud or chargebacks are observed, if Freelancer believes that there is a risk of funds being subject to reversal or chargeback, in cases of disputes between employer and freelancer, or for any other reason.
- Freelancer reserves the right to disallow use of this promotion in its sole and absolute discretion, with respect to fair use of this promotion, and to prevent any suspected fraud.
- Freelancer reserves the right to require submission of further information from any party applying to make use of this promotion, for investigating fraud and for risk management and related purposes.
- Freelancer reserves the right to cancel or amend this promotion at any time.
- Freelancer reserves the right to cancel the promotion in any region if it is deemed or becomes unlawful to offer the promotion to any resident of that region.
Select from a range of membership plans to determine the fees you pay for our service. You can work on the site as either an employer or freelancer as a free member, or gain additional benefits as a paid member by upgrading to a paid plan.
Memberships will recur on either a monthly or annual basis on the anniversary of your subscription, unless cancelled. If funds are insufficient we will try to renew your membership for up to 30 days, until funds are made available.
You may cancel your membership at anytime from the user settings page, which will cease billing at the end of your subscription period without additional costs.
User Accounts that have not logged in for six months will incur a maintenance fee of up to $10.00 USD per month until either the account is terminated or reactivated for storage, bandwidth, support and management costs of providing hosting of the user’s profile, portfolio storage, listing in directories, provision of the HireMe service, file storage and message storage. These fees will be refunded upon request by users on subsequent reactivation.
Other government taxes may apply, depending on your region.
The fees and charges summarised on this page are governed by the terms of the Freelancer User Agreement and related site policies. The User Agreement includes other important terms and should be read in full. In particular section 23 of the User Agreement specifies the consequences of termination for violations of the User Agreement. Those consequences can include fines for damages that Freelancer will sustain as a result of actions that breach the User Agreement.